Thursday, November 8, 2007

Nuked, poked, stuck and tilted ~ I drove to Houston ~ Whacked my right toe, but Praise God I can still knit lol

Ok ~ I guess I need to explain the title for this entry. Some of you know that I have to go through cardio and pulmonary clearance before I can have the surgery. Well last week Wed. & Thurs. was the "nuke, , poked, stuckand tilted day. I swear that I have had so many nuclear test that I should glow in the dark by now lol. Monday I got the green light from Cardio doc. Monday was the trial by fire for me. I drove to Houston with my friend Cat. Michael stayed home with the babies. We went via the beltway and traffic was not too bad but made me a bit crazy. I'm sorry y'all but some of these drives down here don't use directionals they just glide into the lane they want. What makes it bad is that I am not used to driving on 6 lane highways.

Then on the way back I followed Cat in her car. She told me when we get into traffic you stay on my bumper. Don't let anyone get between use. Talk about anxiety!!! I kept telling my self to breath. When it can time to get over a lane to pay the toll the person to my left kept speeding up so I had to stay where I was. Thank goodness she waited for me to go through the toll. Then I had some "jerk" who was trying to squeeze past me when I was waiting for a break to get into traffic in the u-turn lane. He kept beeping an edging toward me in his big shiney black F150 diesel. When I finally go into the flow of traffic he zipped past me only to go from the far right lane in fron of me to get into the lane for the on ramp. He could have stayed behind me and just taken a left, but no he has to be a big shot. We traveled the feeder roads back since CAt picked up her car. I kept tell myself to breath, I had clammy hands had to turn the air on because I was feeling hot. I prayed "Dear Lord, keep Cat on these roads and not the freeway. Traffic up on the freeway was a horror!! When we got back to the house I walked in the door an said to my hubby "I survived Houston Rush hour traffic, thank you Jesus". Michael laughed so hard lol. I pack tomorrow for my trip and I am excited will take many pictures so I will post them when I get back!! Well the children just left with their grammy and I am off to do a little knitting in bed. Michael is working on the N acale trains he has for about another hour. So Rita , Angus and I are going to listen to some music and knit. They'll just get in their respective night spots on the bed as usual. Have a great Thursay will write more later!

Good night,
CW

No comments: