Sunday, September 23, 2007
I am just about done with my tote I am making for the felted bag exchange. You can see that I am having fun mixing up the yarn colors and textures too! Just have to figure out what type of handles to make or buy.
What a crazy weekend we've had. I was sort of sick. I slept on and off "ALL" day. Didn't go to prayer meeting Saturday nor did I make it to churck. I just sleep for the most part today. I feel like all my energy has been drained. Anyway I stayerd up till 3:30 due to a migraine. So I dimmed the lights and knitted a little. While knitting I am not thinking about the pain in my head. I was able to finish Lina's gift. I made her a shrug like I did for my daughter only I used the Nashua Hand Knits' Cilantro in Aqua and the trim I used the Bright white. I am in love with this yarn. It is stretchy whick makes it great for this pattern I think. Anyway I hope it does fit her.
Our friend Cat has her grandchildren for a while long story but we are helping her out by baby sitting for her. Senna is a cutie pie, as I type I can her the squeak of my rocker, Uncle Mike is rocking her. She is a tough little cookie she does not like to go to sleep at night. Angus has finally stopped his barking now. Anyway here is picture of Lina's shrug and also picture of the new yarn for the 3rd Forest Canopy shalw I am making.
I have the yarn on hold at my LYS for the Shawls I will be making for my grandmother, mom , aunts and my daughter. I will be using the Forest Canopy pattern because I like the way it turned out and it is an easy knit. I also have a picture of that yarn. I wanted something extra special for these shawls for the "Blunt" womenso I am using the Louisa Harding's Kimono Angora and this is it:
I will be making the edges a different color so that they'll each be unique, but also the same if you can understand what I mean. Then I will begin another one for the Bag-A-Holics swap. I really do enjoy these! Qwll I am off now Little Senna is still up so now it is Auntie Cheryl's turn to sit and rock her. Everyone have a blessed and awesome week!!
Love ya & ,
Saturday, September 15, 2007
On Tuesday my DH cut his shoulder length hair. It was hard on me because I loved the fact that he was growing his hair out. But we are in MIT class at church and it was one of the requirements/preferences for where we attend church currently.
But let me tell you I think he looks younger and sexy with short hair. I tease him, every once in a while I will whistle at him and he turns red lol. Now I just havve to show him how to use a little gel and he'll be all set. Well that is all for now I am going to go and knit a bit before calling it a night. Will post again soon!
Well I have been working almost every night on this project. It relaxes me so I tend to work on tis at night. I am using the following yarns for this one: Cascade and Cascade Quattro; Nashua Handknits in worsted, chunky and wooly stripes and Bernat Boa. It is beign done in the garter stitch so far I might toss in maybe a little purl row here and there just to make it a little interesting. I am trying to decide if I want to make a flap for this or not. Then the straps I am looking at thick knitted one(s) or maybe double I-cord looped through grommets. But I have plenty of time to decide. I hope my pall will like it.
Anyway I need to stop will make another entry after dinner and when we come back from church. Tonight is prayer and we are going becuase tomorrow is a special day for Michael and I. Catch up to ya later my gator!
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Ok ~ So this is only a portion of the yarn that I am using for the Bag/tote that I am making for the Fall felted Bag Exchange. I just love sitting down at night and knitting this. It is a simple pattern (my own) and I can watch television while doing it. I just thought that I would give you a little peak at what's in the works. Not sure if I will line it or not. I am getting ready to switch to down a size in needles to the bag with have a different felted look in ceertain sections. Well I will post angain later but I need to get this one in for the contest!! Happy Wenesday!
Monday, September 10, 2007
Plus I called DELL on Thursday regarding my 26" monitor/tv. It just switched off in the middle of me typing a document and would not go back on. Well when I called DELL they said the warranty had expired. When I told them that it was purchased in Dec. 2006 from Aarons the customer service rep asked me to hold the line. When she came back on she said that it was not fixable. Then she said where do you want your order shipped to, I was confused so when she told me that DELL was sending me a brand spankin' NEW one!!! Ok, just knock me the heck out ok. I could not believe it!! So gave her all the pertinant information. She said it would take 3-5 business days. Well Guess what arrive just 10 minutes ago on the bright, sunny and hot Houston day? My new Monitor. When Michael gets home he will hook the new one up and then we will use the same packaging and box to ship the old one back to DELL. I tell you DELL is an awesome company to do business with and they stand behind thier products 100%!! Well I need to get moving have to shower and get ready so we can do the pictures. Plus another special event will be taking place (no I am not pregnant to relax y'all) will explain in the next post! Have an awesome week y'all.
Thursday, September 6, 2007
1. Are you religious? I have a strong faith in God, right now we go to a Pentecostal Church.
2. How long have you been knitting? I have been knitting for about 1 year now but that was due to a 20+ year hiatus. Would you consider yourself a Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced? I guess intermediate since I venture out and do different knitting techniques. Lace is a favorite with me.
3. Do you have any other hobbies besides knitting? Making jewelry and stitch markers, sewing and quilting.
4. Favorite color(s)? Geeze I have several they are: Jewel tone colors; fuschia, royal blue, purple, ruby red and Teal.
5. Do you collect anything? Yes sterling silver, crystal, tea cups and saucers.
6. Are you allergic to any fibers or animals? Cats make me sneeze sometimes.
7. Do you have any pets? Yes we have 2 dogs. Rita a 6 yr. old Chinese Crested and Sir Angus Seton a almost 2 yr. old Black and red Phantom toy poodle.
8. Coffee, Tea, or Hot Chocolate? I like them all.
9. Cookies or Sweets? I really not much of a cookie eater, but I do like Short bread cookies if I have them.
10. Do you knit socks? Not really, I am very slow knitting them lol.
11. If not socks then what? I love to make lace shawls and scarves.
12. Do you put up a Christmas tree? Yes this year we will have a 12 foot tree!!
13. Favorite holiday treats? Scandinavian bread and the traditional Dresden Stollen
14. Favorite holiday smells? Pies & cookies baking in the oven, and a warm fire burning in the fire place.
15. Do you celebrate Christmas in a traditional or unconventional way? We do the traditional way. Since our families and children and grandchildren live out of state we have friends come over. On Christmas eve I make a seafood dinner and we decorate the tree and some of us exchange small gifts. We have good food and fellowship. We also invite at least 2 people to share Christmas dinner with us. This is something that I have done and now being married we continue this tradition. We also do this on Thanksgiving too!
16. What are your favorite holiday traditions? Having the Christmas eve tree trimming dinner and decorating the tree.
17. Finish the sentence: “For me Christmas is all about the meaning and reason for the season and that is to celebrate the birth of Christ.”
18. If you were a Christmas ornament you would be? I would be a Waterford Crystal Ornament that would glint and sparkle in the light.
19. What was your favorite gift you've ever received or gave? Last year I made all the gifts from knitted scarf’s, cowls and hats to jewelry I made. I think gifts that we make are appreciated me because we take the time to make something special and it shows that we cared enough to take the time to do it.
20. When do you start your Christmas? We do the twelve days of Christmas theme and each day we open a little box and see what is inside. Its fun and we enjoy it.
21. Do you send Christmas cards? Do you make them or buy them? Yes we send out cards and I do both store bought and I also make them.
22. What is your favorite Christmas dish? Wow, I have several favorites but if I had to choose one I’d say the Apricot studded, orange glazed ham.
23. Carolers are at your door. What do you do? We open the door to listen and then offer something to drink. Sometimes we join them and sing along.
24. When do you open presents? Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? We usually will open a small gift on Christmas Eve them wait till the morning to open the rest!!