Hi all, well I finally finished the questionaire!! Had computer problems. My Dell monitor crashed it stoppped working. The on/off but just quite. But I got an unexpected surprise, though I called Dell and they are replacing it!! So I will have a brand new 26" monitor/tv in a few days!! Talk abou thunder struck!! I am a happy woman let me tell you. Any way here it is:
1. Are you religious? I have a strong faith in God, right now we go to a Pentecostal Church.
2. How long have you been knitting? I have been knitting for about 1 year now but that was due to a 20+ year hiatus. Would you consider yourself a Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced? I guess intermediate since I venture out and do different knitting techniques. Lace is a favorite with me.
3. Do you have any other hobbies besides knitting? Making jewelry and stitch markers, sewing and quilting.
4. Favorite color(s)? Geeze I have several they are: Jewel tone colors; fuschia, royal blue, purple, ruby red and Teal.
5. Do you collect anything? Yes sterling silver, crystal, tea cups and saucers.
6. Are you allergic to any fibers or animals? Cats make me sneeze sometimes.
7. Do you have any pets? Yes we have 2 dogs. Rita a 6 yr. old Chinese Crested and Sir Angus Seton a almost 2 yr. old Black and red Phantom toy poodle.
8. Coffee, Tea, or Hot Chocolate? I like them all.
9. Cookies or Sweets? I really not much of a cookie eater, but I do like Short bread cookies if I have them.
10. Do you knit socks? Not really, I am very slow knitting them lol.
11. If not socks then what? I love to make lace shawls and scarves.
12. Do you put up a Christmas tree? Yes this year we will have a 12 foot tree!!
13. Favorite holiday treats? Scandinavian bread and the traditional Dresden Stollen
14. Favorite holiday smells? Pies & cookies baking in the oven, and a warm fire burning in the fire place.
15. Do you celebrate Christmas in a traditional or unconventional way? We do the traditional way. Since our families and children and grandchildren live out of state we have friends come over. On Christmas eve I make a seafood dinner and we decorate the tree and some of us exchange small gifts. We have good food and fellowship. We also invite at least 2 people to share Christmas dinner with us. This is something that I have done and now being married we continue this tradition. We also do this on Thanksgiving too!
16. What are your favorite holiday traditions? Having the Christmas eve tree trimming dinner and decorating the tree.
17. Finish the sentence: “For me Christmas is all about the meaning and reason for the season and that is to celebrate the birth of Christ.”
18. If you were a Christmas ornament you would be? I would be a Waterford Crystal Ornament that would glint and sparkle in the light.
19. What was your favorite gift you've ever received or gave? Last year I made all the gifts from knitted scarf’s, cowls and hats to jewelry I made. I think gifts that we make are appreciated me because we take the time to make something special and it shows that we cared enough to take the time to do it.
20. When do you start your Christmas? We do the twelve days of Christmas theme and each day we open a little box and see what is inside. Its fun and we enjoy it.
21. Do you send Christmas cards? Do you make them or buy them? Yes we send out cards and I do both store bought and I also make them.
22. What is your favorite Christmas dish? Wow, I have several favorites but if I had to choose one I’d say the Apricot studded, orange glazed ham.
23. Carolers are at your door. What do you do? We open the door to listen and then offer something to drink. Sometimes we join them and sing along.
24. When do you open presents? Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? We usually will open a small gift on Christmas Eve them wait till the morning to open the rest!!