Thursday, January 24, 2008

It is official ~ I am a fiber addicted Spindle Spinning Diva lol

The top picture is the roving I dyed in class on 8 Jan 2008
This is the Punta Wool-Colorway Beauty spun and wound into a ball. It is 1-ply. Below is the roving be fore being pre-drafted.
Below is the Mahogany Wool (Merino) Roving and the next picture is it being spun on the wheel. It looks better in person the flash washes it out.


Hey all,


Last Saturday I went and took part in ROC Day and there where many women at the Lone Star Loom Room to celebrate as well. Some did drop spindle and others did spinning with wheel and one lady was knitting. It was a nice time and I have pictures to show. An awesome woman named Conie she sat and watched me for a bit and told me exactly what I was doing wrong and showed me how to adjust the brak. After that I was off and running I left home with a naked bobbin and retirned home with a full bobbin (plus also more FIBER). Lynn of Lynn's Texas Fiber was there, she also teaches spinning lesson and she brought lots of fiber for us to fondle and purchase. It is amazing at all the different types of wool fiber they have out their. I brought 4 ounces of Punta wool roving in the Beauty colorway. It has bright blue, yellow fushia in it and spins up quite nicely. I also spun and plyed some of the pencil roving that I dyed. Right now I am working on Mahogany Merino roving and the color looks more intense when it is spun. I spin for about 3-5 hours a day and the rest of the time I answer emails, clean house and read books on fiber and sheep. I sometimes dream of being in a room full of iber and I am told tht it hasbeen given to me as a gift. Talk about wishful thinking lol. So my knitting has taken a back seat for a bit. I did start he shawl for my grand mother and hit a snag so I thin I will give her the first one that I made. Well hope you enjoy the pictures and will post more over the weekend.


Nite' all,

CW

1 comment:

Knitting Keep Me sane said...

Very cool pictures, that looks like alot of fun. Hope you and your DH are doing well.

Sarah